Madeleines

In honour of the GBBO final I made Madeleines! This is a Rick Stein recipe I've had for yonks! Always works!

Ingredients 
3 eggs
100g sugar
zest of 1 lemon
100g melted butter
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp honey
Method
1. Put the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together until thick and mousse-like. Add the lemon zest. 
2. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in. Then add the butter and honey. Leave in the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken.
3. Prehear the oven to 150. Brush 2 madeleine trays with melted butter. Fill the moulds 3/4 full with mixture and bake for 10 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool. 

















Ta da! I only have 1 madeleine tray so I had to do it 2 batches so the bake was a bit uneven. They are very lemony but it's good! Took some into work and my pal & I ate a lot this evening watching the final... Was rooting for James all series but didn't mind John winning! X Bo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bumper Pancake Post!

White Chocolate and Miso 'Creme' Inspired Cookies

Cheese straws