Skinny lemon cupcakes with drizzly icing
Ingredients for the cupcakes
200g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g caster sugar
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
150ml low fat natural yoghurt
2 tbsp semi-skinned milk
50ml sunflower oil
For the lemon icing
100g icing sugar
4 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180. Line a muffin tray with paper cases. (The recipe claims to make 12 but I managed to make 17.)
2. Place the flour, bicarb, sugar and lemon zest. Make a well in the centre.
3. Beat the eggs with a large whisk. Beat in the yoghurt, milk and oil until well combined. Stir into the flour with a large metal spoon until all mixed together.
4. Divide the batter between the cases. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (Keep an eye on them as they will colour very quickly if baked too long.) Transfer to a wire wrack to cool.
5. To make the lemon icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the cakes.
This is the first time I've used my charmingly wonky cupcake stand I got from my chum Cat for Christmas. These cakes turned out well, slightly well done but still delicious X Bo