Firstly, my sincere apologies for not posting anything new in so long! Everything I've been baking recently has been a repeat and I didn't think it was worth posting them again!
My lovely manager at work gave me lots of recipe cards this week so I thought I'd use my day off to try one! Thanks Debbie!
Dinky Ginger Snaps
350g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
225g granulated sugar
2 large eggs
50g black treacle (or dark molasses)
1. Preheat the oven 160. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine the flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs to the butter mixture. Add the treacle and stir until well combined.
5. Gradually stir in the flour. Mix until it forms a stiff dough. Shape into balls with your hands. Place the dough on the prepared trays.
6. For chewy biscuits, bake for 10 minutes, for crispy biscuits, bake for 13 minutes. Cool on the baking tray.
I opted for just 10 minutes baking time and they're deliciously chewy and perfectly spiced. Enjoy! X Bo