Ingredients for the cake
280g caster sugar
220g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
90g cocoa powder
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of boiling water
For the coulis
250g fresh strawberries (or raspberries work just as well)
40g caster sugar
juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180. Grease a tin.
2. Mix together the sugar, cake, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Then add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and water. Combine together to make a very wet mix.
3. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes and a knife comes out clean.
4. While the cake is baking, put all the ingredients for the coulis in a pan. Mash the fruit to a pulp and leave to simmer on a low heat until it reduces to a thick, glossy sauce.
5. Pour the sauce through a fine sieve and leave to cool.
6. To serve, drizzle the coulis over the cake. Serve warm or cold.
The perfect summer pudding. It's delicious and I highly recommend it X Bo