My girls and I had a movie night. Our lovely host, Gail, planned a delicious Italian pasta dish for dinner so I made and took some biscotti for pudding! I've never made them before, so it was so much fun!
115g unsalted buter, soft
125g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
275g plain flour
good pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g almonds, roughly chopped
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and cream with a wooden spoon. Gradually beat in the eggs.
3. Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix to make a rough dough. Add the sultanas, almonds and chocolate and work in until even combined.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into two equal pieces. Transfer the pieces to the baking trays. Shape into rectangles about 8x25cm.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until just firm to touch and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minues.
6. Slice the pieces on the diagonal into 10/12 thick slices. Gently tip the slices onto their sides and bake for a further 10 minutes and just starting to colour.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays, on a wire rack.
Ta da! They went down very well with my friends and with my parents!
And currently, in the oven, I am baking a little treat for my sister whose visiting this weekend for her birthday! So excited! X Bo