SNICKERDOODLES!

This is post one of two today!! I've been working so much lately that whenever I have a day off I go a little bit mad and bake lots! 

Today I decided to make something I've always been intrigued in. An american cookie called a SNICKERDOODLE! The name alone had me on board straight and when I found out they're little chewy cinnamon cookies, I decided to do some research and make some! 

This is the original recipe I'm basing mine on: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/19/soft-thick-snickerdoodles-in-20-minutes/

Measurements were a little tricky as all the recipes I found used cups, being an american recipe! My lovely friend gave me a dry measure for Christmas and it's got American cups on it, so I used that, for everything except the butter. That I had to Google the weight in grams!

Ingredients for the cookies
1 cup (225g) butter
1 and 1/3 cups (268g) granulated sugar
1 large egg

2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups (384g) plain flour

3 tsp baking powder
2 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
For the topping
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. For the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
3. To make the cookies put the softened butter into a large bowl and cream until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  

5. Add the dry ingredients to the other mixture in three different parts and mix well to for a dough. 
6. Take large pieces of the dough and roll into balls. Roll these dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle any excess sugar over the top. Bake for 11 minutes until golden brown and leave to cool. 

Ta da! SNICKERDOODLES! 

























I was very pleased with how these came out and may or may not have eaten one straight from the oven... The smell of cookies and cinnamon on a September Sunday was perfect! 
Second post of the day to follow shortly... X Bo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bumper Pancake Post!

White Chocolate and Miso 'Creme' Inspired Cookies

Cheese straws