Sunday is my baking day. Today I woke up with a craving for peanut butter cookies and I love tiny cookies sandwiched together with delicious ganache or buttercream. So I created these!
Ingredients for cookies
125g soft unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
75g golden caster sugar
150g peanut butter
175g self raising flour
50g softened butter
110g icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 160.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add the peanut butter and egg. Add the flour to make a dough.
3. Chill for an hour or so to make the dough easier to handle. Roll into tiny balls and place on the prepared baking trays. Using a fork, flatten the dough balls and make a criss-cross pattern.
4. Bake for 12/15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. While the cookies are baking, make the buttercream. Cream the butter until soft. Then add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix together. Add a little water to get it to the right consistency.
6. Once the cookies are cooled, spread some buttercream on a cookie and sandwich together with another a similar size.
These are a perfect accompaniment for a cup of tea or coffee on a sunny Sunday afternoon X Bo