Ingredients for pastry
250g plain flour
125g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
75g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
a few drops of water
50g icing sugar
12 chunks of mango
1 tbsp apricot jam
1. Place the flour and butter in a large bowl. Rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix together. Add the egg yolks and mix again, add a little water if necessary to bring the dough together. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Take the pastry out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Roll out between two pieces of greaseproof paper. Transfer to the tart tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 170 (fan.) Line the tin with greaseproof paper and baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and bake for another 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
4. To make the filling, mix the mascarpone with the icing sugar and chill until you need it.
5. Once the pastry is completely cool, pour the mascarpone filling in. Smooth over with a spatula.
6. Wash and slice the fruit. Arrange them over the filling in either a random pattern or in concentric cirlces.
7. Warm the apricot jam with a splash of water in a saucepan. Sieve and use to glaze the fruit. Chill for 15 minutes before serving.
I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has stumbled upon, purposefully searched for and lovingly favourited my blog! I am very grateful and I can't wait to create more recipes! Here's to the next 6000 views! X Bo