285g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
225g caster sugar
4 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the chopped chocolate.
4. Line a loaf in with grease proof paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
5. Bake for about an hour or until well risen and golden brown.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
I promise I won't leave it so long before posting more! But in the mean time, I am posting fairly regularly on my new blog, Bee Happy! X Bo