115g salted butter
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
a handful of fudge cubes
1 cup self raising flour
3 tsp Nutella
1. Line an 8x8 inch tin with grease proof paper. Preheat the oven to 175 fan.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then pour into a large mixing bowl to cool, before adding the egg, sugar and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
3. Chop the fudge into tiny pieces and add to the mixture. Add the flour in third, mixing well with each addition.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula.
5. Spread the Nutella in three lines on top of the mixture. Feather the Nutella and mixture by dragging a cocktail stick or skewer stick backwards and forwards across the surface.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, until a knife or cake tester comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool, then cut into delicious, dense, fudgey squares of goodness!
A delicious, quick, rainy day treat! X Bo