Sunday, 24 May 2015
Chummy's Birthday Cake
This is the third time this cake has appeared on this blog... It's the perfect chocolate cake! I made it for my friend Gemma's (Chummy) birthday party last night. Hope you had a lovely night!
Ingredients for the cake
280g caster sugar
220g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
90g cocoa powder
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of boiling water
1 pot of fresh double cream
assorted summer fruits and berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180. Grease two round cake tins.
2. Mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Then add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and water. Combine together to make a very wet mix.
3. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes and a knife comes out clean.
4. Using an electric hand beater, whip the cream until firm. Once both the cakes are cool, place one on a plate and cover with half the cream. Place the other cake on top and then the rest of the cream.
5. Decorate the top with fresh, summer fruits and berries.
A perfect summery, indulgent treat. Enjoy! X Bo
Posted by BakingBo at 01:53