.

.

Monday, 4 May 2015

Cheese Straws Revival!

I have posted this recipe on my blog a long time ago, so I thought I would post it again! I have been making these cheese straws for as long as I can remember. I used to wake up really early on Saturday mornings when I was still at primary school and make these as a treat for my parents to wake up to.

Ingredients
200g self raising flour
two pinches of salt
1 tsp mustard powder
100g butter
150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
2 eggs
some extra cheese to melt on top
Method
1. Put the flour, salt & mustard powder in a bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumb. Add the grated cheese.
2. Use the egg to combine the mixture into a rough dough.
3. Roll out on a floured surface and cut into strips. Put on a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper then sprinkle the extra cheese over the top. Bake at 160 for 20 minutes until golden brown.

And there you go! Easy! X Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment