Anzac Cookies


Where to begin... Firstly, an apology! I have no real reason as to why I have neglected the blog for so long. All I can say is that life got in the way. I'll write a little update at the end of this post for anyone who wants to read so you can see what I've been up to while I've been away... For the last year... and five months. I am very sorry it's taken me so long to get back into baking BUT I have a gorgeous new kitchen, a rediscovered loving for baking and my little blog so... I'm back! Sorry it took me so long.

Anyway! I thought I'd post this cookie recipe to ease myself back in to baking and blogging. I've made these a lot recently as they are the perfect snack for me to have on my tea break at work.

Anzac Cookies
1 cup oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut 
125g butter
2tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tbsp boiling water

1. Put the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and combine.
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pan on a medium heat.
3. Add the bicarbonate of soda to the water and let it fizz for a minute.
4. Add this to the melted butter, then add it all to the dry ingredients and stir.
5. Once combined, form into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 160, until completely flat and golden brown.

Ta da! And now for a little life update...
I changed job towards the end of last year, one of my best friends got married, I dyed my hair for the first time ever, the theatre company I'm a part of staged three plays (and we're not deciding on our next one!) My boyfriend and I went to Venice, had our anniversary in Bath and have been lucky enough to have afternoon tea at some very fancy hotels. My best friend and I took up yoga, we went to see Adele (twice) and he became a vegan. That's the tip of the iceberg really but it gives you a snippet of why I've been so busy! Last year was amazing, this year has been amazing so far, so I hope it continues this way, just with a little more time for blogging! X Bo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bumper Pancake Post!

White Chocolate and Miso 'Creme' Inspired Cookies

Cheese straws