Sunday Scones


I said I was back! This much baking is practically unheard of! But we had a really chilled out Sunday, had a lazy morning, went for lunch at The Strawberry Fields (a local PYO and farm shop with a lovely cafe) and then came home without having pudding. I am loving baking in our new kitchen, although finding where everything is is always a bit of a struggle! Either way, I managed to find everything I needed to whip up some scones!

Sultana Scones
450g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
100g butter
100g caster sugar
125g sultanas
284ml buttermilk

1. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
2. Cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour until it resembles sand.
3. Add sugar and sultanas and mix. Add the buttermilk and use a palette knife to combine.
4. Tip out onto a floured surface and knead until it comes together.
5. Roll out (or pat out as I did cos I couldn't find the bloomin' rolling pin) to about 2cm thick and cut out using a round cookie cutter.
6. Place on a lined baking tray, brush with milk and bake for 10 minutes at 210 fan.

And there you go! Easy as! X Bo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bumper Pancake Post!

White Chocolate and Miso 'Creme' Inspired Cookies

Cheese straws